Community Band of the Palouse (CBoP) rehearses weekly throughout the year in room B20, the Little Theater of the Gladish Community Center in Pullman WA. Gladish is located on Main Street bordered by State St and Olsen. The door through which band members should enter is located on the north side of the building off Olsen.
Parking: You can find limited street parking on Olsen and on State. The large parking lot is accessible off Main Street but requires that you descend the outside staircase at the north end of the parking lot in order to enter through the doorway on Olsen. Please be very careful on the stairway!
What to BRING to rehearsal: Until we can purchase needed supplies, band members should bring the following:
- your instrument
- your music
Time: Tuesday evenings, 7:30 to 9:00 PM
Who: Adult band musicians interested in sharing their love of music with others. It is important that you have had 2 or more years experience playing in a musical group (band or orchestra).
Performances: The entire band plays 7 or more concerts per year as listed below (CBoP). A small subset of the band, about 10-12 musicians, perform as Auf Gehts German Band and play upwards of 12 gigs throughout the year. Additionally, special music for memorial services and other life celebrations can be coordinated upon request.
CBoP plays the following annual concerts:
- Holiday Concert – community concert as well as a concert at a local senior living facility
- Collaborative concert with WSU Symphonic Band in Bryan Hall, WSU
- Spring Concert at Gladish Community & Cultural Center
- Reaney Park Concert, Pullman
- Pullman 4th of July Celebration at Sunnyside Park
- Heart of the Arts Concert at 1912 Center in Moscow
- Moscow Farmers’ Market Concert
- Veteran’s Day Concert at Gladish Community & Cultural Center
Auf Gehts German Band plays the following annual gigs:
- Palouse Ice Cream Social
- Palouse Empire Fair
- Moscow Farmers’ Market
- Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast
- Lentil Parade
- Lions’ Pancake Breakfast
- Latah County Fair
- Johnson Parade (July 4th)
- Albion Parade (July 4th)
- Lewiston Home Brewers Oktoberfest
- Various gigs at local senior residences (Whitman Senior Living, Bishop Place, Courtyard Assisted Living, Good Samaritan Village, etc.)